Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Don't Be Fooled by Appearances...



On a beautiful spring day at Tompkins Square Park, a middle-aged man approached the step van for a hot meal.  After enjoying his soup, he struck up a conversation.  “I know I may not look like it but I’m staying in a shelter right now.  Could you help me with finding a job?” 

We always have on hand listings of various resources to pass out to people who ask.  So we gave him an employment resource sheet. 

“I’m a carpenter but I got hurt.  After living in the same place for a while, my landlord evicted me.  First I stayed at a shelter in Brooklyn and now I’m here.”  He talked about his living conditions, especially about not being allowed to cook.  Through our conversation, I could tell he wanted OUT. 

After a little while, he had to leave. So I offered to pray with him and also let him know what we have to offer if he needs anything.  He gladly accepted prayer.  We trust the Lord to open doors for him so that he can get back on his feet again.  We hope to see him again soon to find out what has happened since we met and continue to actively pray for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment