Monday, August 5, 2019

Proof of His Love at the Brothels

One of the Brothels
Robin shares her experience at the brothels in Belo Horizonte Brazil...  We went into one of the brothels and got permission at the front desk to go door to door inviting the ladies to a special luncheon on Sunday.  It was a hard, dark, place to be and yet, didn't Jesus minister to the woman caught in adultery?  And so, I was willing to go despite my own fears and apprehension.  

If a woman was standing at or near the open door, then it meant she was available and open to customers.  We walked down the one narrow hallway and our one team of two started talking with one woman.  Then, Weslea (my partner) and I both fixed our eyes on the woman at the end of the hall.  She was very beautiful and I wondered why she would be in a place like this.  She didn't belong here but neither did so many others.  Most who work there need the money to provide for their family.  She immediately invited us into her room so we could pray for her.  Her name was Debra and I quickly connected with her because my sister's name was Debra which I told her. She shared that she had children and her youngest was 13.  
Not actual picture of Debra  

I started praying first and tears flowed from her face.  She was visibly being touched by the Father and Weslea followed with more prayer and declarations over her.  We prayed for Father's love to be revealed to her and declared the favor of the Lord in her life, blessings and not curses, provision for her family, etc...  

Afterward, she kept saying, "This is proof that God loves me, that you all are in a brothel praying for me." She was weeping the whole time as she had just returned to the brothels that very weekend after 3 years of absence.  That Sunday at the ladies luncheon, I did not see Debra.  My hope was that she listened to God and received the courage to leave the brothels for good.  

Weslea later wrote, "It was heartbreaking, but at the same time so moving because there needs to be proof of His love and that proof comes through us."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so blessed by you all. Keep moving forward...Keep bringing the Kingdom with you as you are going. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete