Wednesday, October 21, 2020

All the Way from Alabama



Maggie has been with us now for more than a month and this is how she shared her story.....

Hello! My name is Maggie Jones, and I am from Jasper, Alabama. The summer before my senior year, my youth group went to Phoenix, Arizona for a Nazarene Youth Conference 2019. I experienced God speaking to me in the middle of this massive arena. It was there that I promised Him that wherever He wanted me, I would go. 

Then, God spoke again early on in my senior year, same feeling, same emotion, same everything. In that moment, I knew it was time to put some action behind my words. This is when I began searching, and my searching lasted for several weeks, until I found “Street LIFE Ministries in NYC”. I emailed and got a response that same day. I spoke with David and he shared with me that the SLM team had been praying that God would lead high school seniors to them for an internship. 

This conversation reassured my heart, and it led me to have some serious conversations with several important people in my life. The journey to finally arriving to serve with Street LIFE wasn’t easy. I could have never expected that we would be in the middle of a global pandemic. When I would share with others about my internship, and what I’d be doing, some would look at me like I was crazy. I would then share that this season of uncertainty has not been a deterrent for me, instead, this has encouraged me more that there is a greater reason that God has called me to go. After being here only one week, my heart remains the same. I have already seen in multiple ways, and in so many people, why God called me here. I am so thrilled to be serving with Street LIFE Ministries for the next two months! 




No comments:

Post a Comment