Thursday, June 20, 2019

Meet Emily...



My name is Emily Angelucci and I am a student at Northpoint Bible College located in Haverhill, Massachusetts. I am interning with Street LIFE Ministries this summer for my senior missions internship. As I prayed about where to intern for this summer, God placed New York City on my heart through dreams and confirmations.  However He did not give me a specific ministry. Eventually I had to take a step of faith when no further direction came, so I searched on the internet for missions internships in NYC. 

After reading through a few opportunities I came across Street LIFE Ministries. What drew me to them was their expression of their heart for serving the many different people of NYC.  Also I noticed their genuine desire to see those who join their team to not only be equipped for outreach and service, but also to grow in their relationship with God. As I prayed further about this opportunity, God gave me an unshakeable sense that this internship would be where a true deepening of my relationship with Him would take place. 

It is the start of my third week here and I can attest to already seeing the first fruits of this deepening taking place! From the outreach on the streets to the community living and fellowship, God has been using each moment to engrave his priorities of servanthood, humility and love upon my heart. I know I will be eternally grateful for following the call of God to come and serve at Street LIFE Ministries in NYC and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer holds for us! 

1 comment:

  1. God bless you, Emily. (I met you and your mom when David spoke at the church I pastor -- Church of the King -- in Derry, NH. May the Holy Spirit do a great work in and through you over this summer!

    ReplyDelete