Wednesday, March 25, 2020

God Sees the Heroin Addict



As we were serving out on the streets during this COVID-19 pandemic, I noticed a young man who seemed distraught.  There was a look of anxiety and depression on his face. The Holy Spirit prompted me to go and strike up a conversation with him. I asked him how he was doing and the first words that came out of his mouth were “I’m a heroin addict”. He has been addicted to the drug for three years, has lost everything and is now living on the streets. He used to be a Christian, but this drug got a hold of him. As he spoke to me, he cried at times.  He hated what had happened to him; he had lost so much. 

I asked if I could pray with him and he very willingly said yes. I commanded the addiction to leave him, that he would be restored to the Lord, that God would pour out His love on Him, make His voice clear to him, and draw him back unto Himself, as well as for his health. He was grateful for the prayer, for the food, and a good jacket he received from us. He wasn’t ready to re-commit to the Lord at this time but was thankful to be cared for and loved on.

In my bible next to Psalm 91 I have his name written down as a reminder to pray for him every day, will you join me in praying for him too?
Jim is having a conversation with someone (not the man from the story)

2 comments:

  1. Lord have mercy upon your child's soul, and bring him to everlasting life through the living waters of your Grace, shine the light, so that He may see, open his ears and heart to braking the yoke of oppression, and cast the demons that bind him to this adiction, we ask this InJesusMightyName!🙏💙🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord I also ask to have him hear your voice, and receive you as His Lord and Saviour, come into his heart, let him know that you are God, and that he is loved by you, I ask you Lord to please place in his heart the need for repentance, and as he invites you into his heart making you his Lord and Saviour, the ruler of his soul, I plead the blood of Jesus Christ over your child for full protection, and provision. Help him seek you daily to fulfill his destination, and find purpose one more we ask InJesusMightyName🙏💙🙏

    ReplyDelete