Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Perfect Timing


Recently I learned about an older woman in desperate need during this COVID-19 crisis.  Her living conditions are terrible.  The people she rents a room from make it difficult for her.  Also, she is in very poor health so she is one who is susceptible to the coronavirus. 

She reached out to us for help with groceries and cleaning supplies because she didn’t have the funds for it.  It just so happened when she called that I was standing in the middle of a grocery store.  The timing couldn’t have been better.  After listing off items that she needed, we were able to pick up many of those things. 

On the same day, we received donations from World Vision, including some toilet paper.  Robin suggested I add a few rolls to her bag even though it wasn't on her list. 

I made arrangements to drop off the groceries and the lady was happy to receive them. 

A few minutes later she called…

“I don’t know how you knew, and I didn’t even think to ask, but I really needed the toilet paper.  I’ve been wadding up toilet paper from public bathrooms to bring home with me.” 

She thanked me for the other items that couldn’t have come at a more perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment