Tuesday, August 4, 2020

An OPEN Door

During one of our prayer and fasting times, we prayed over Beautiful One (our outreach to the women in the massage parlors in Flushing, Queens) and specifically for “Diane” who has been receiving food from us during the COVID-19 pandemic.  That day we planned to drop off another package of food for her.  We prayed that her heart would be softened and she would be receptive to us and the Lord.  

When we arrived, I expected to leave the food on her doorstep like usual.  (She has been very afraid of the virus and did not want to come outside. We would see her peering through her window as we dropped off food and left it for her.)  

However, she opened the door, 

invited me in and showed me her room.  

“This is where I study English!” she proudly stated.  I was in shock but realized this was in answer to our prayers that day.  She and I chatted for a few moments.  She remains incredibly grateful for all that she has received.  “Dear, during the infectious disease, I did not go out for four months.  You took care of me so that I could eat and drink.  You made me the happiest woman during an infectious disease,” she wrote after receiving her “care package.”  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment