Wednesday, October 21, 2020

From Minnesota to NYC Missionary

Never did I imagine what would happen in my first eight months in Flushing, NY. God had brought me to a place of complete trust in Him. Before I arrived in New York I went through some very difficult heartaches, through which I came out on the other side purified and refined. 


At 56 years old the jump into full-time missions was a 
long time in coming and a huge leap of faith. 

In the past five years, I’ve been on five mission trips with Street LIFE Ministries to Brazil where God gave me a burning passion for the lost through street evangelism. The cost has been high, and the enemy stole much from me as he began to see how God wanted to use me. Through it all God was there and truly trustworthy and faithful, and I realized He will NEVER leave me or forsake me! 

When Covid-19 hit, it became one of my first tests of my new found COMPLETE trust in God. Amazingly I’ve never become fearful of the virus. Psalm 139:5 became a reality for me “You hem me in behind and before, and you la
y your hand upon me”. God had my back allowing me to hit the streets without fear. It has been an amazing very busy few months here. All the norms went out the window and we got busy! Because of the great need, we in a greater way were feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, loving the unloved, and preaching the gospel. In a way, Covid-19 has opened up more opportunities for us to be salt and light and to tell many more of His great love.



No comments:

Post a Comment