Friday, December 20, 2019

God Hears the Cry of the Poor

One of our volunteers shares this story from Tompkins Square Park... 













We have the women’s and the men’s clothing on a couple of tables next to one another.  I was talking to Bob.  He tends the table for the men and this fellow comes up and he was looking around for some shoes and he asks us for some shoes and a shirt.  And we reply, “Oh, yeah” because I had seen some tennis shoes and they were really good, leather shoes.   And he said, “Oh my gosh.  Do you think they fit?”  And we said, “Try em on”. He put them on and he couldn’t believe it.  


He said, “I was walking down the street, saying, God, what am I going to do?  
I don’t have any money.  I can’t get any shoes and I need some really bad 
and I don’t know what I am going to do”. 


And he walked right up to us and we had a pair that were his size and very good quality; they weren’t junk.  And he was so appreciative.  Then we said, “Do you need anything else?”  He said, “Well I could use a T-shirt or something.” And we just handed one to him and it was a perfect size and he was just shaking his head, going, “I can’t believe this.” 

It was really neat to see God meet somebody’s need when they’re walking down the street in bad shape in their life and talking to God wondering what they are going to do and then 
              


BOOM, 
it’s right 
in their hand 
or right 
on their feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment